Do you wake up feeling tired, drowsy, wanting to go back to bed?
I’m sure you do, majority of people have horrible sleep.. But not you, not anymore!
Sleep is extremely important when it comes to both your mental and physical state. It not only gives you energy, but also plays a big role in some major hormones like HGH (your anti-aging, high-performance muscle building and fat burning hormone).
Good quality sleep is also known to increase skin health, fat burning, athletic performance and increase your ability to gain new insights into cognitives tasks by a whole 50%!
If you want to be a High Performer and live to your fullest potential, then you best be getting some good sleep!
There are plenty of reasons why your quality of sleep may be lacking and now
its time for you to Conquer these sleep ruiners once and for all!
AVOID BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP:
– Bright Lights – Avoid bright lights for at least a half hour before going to bed. Bright lights affect your circadian rhythm (24 hour clock) and even 5 minutes of looking at bright lights before going to bed can wreck the quality of your sleep.
Tip: Buy blue-blocker glasses and download f.lux to your laptop.
– Violence – Watching something violent before going to bed will trigger your adrenaline. Our ancestral mind will stay awake looking for threats (since there was no such thing as tv 1,000 years ago). Your mind staying awake will ruin your sleep.
– Exercise – Avoid exercise up to two hours before going to bed. Exercise increases your energy and cortisol levels, which is no good for your sleep
– Caffeine – People vary on this one, but caffeine is used to keep your mind alert and awake so I would avoid it at night. Just because you can go to sleep after drinking caffeine doesn’t mean your mind is asleep. Test it out to see if you wake up feeling more energized without it.
– Second Wind – Your cortisol driven second wind happens after 11 pm and can keep you awake until 2am. It is best to hit the hay before 11 for your best quality of sleep
– Stress – You will never be able to get a good quality of sleep if your mind is always worrying about things.
Tip: Clear your mind before going to sleep by using meditation.
One thing that I always do before going to bed is read a biography.. This will put your mind in a positive state and will not only help you while going to sleep but will also give you courage for the morning.
Its Time To Gain Your Energy Back By Eliminating Your Sleep Ruiners!